Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Saturday, October 16, 2010

The weird old man at pizza hut

Ok, today has been wonderful. I began the day with a wonderful zumba class. I love zumba. I say that all the time, but I do. I love it. I drove home with the windows rolled down, rocked out to some fun music and then when I got home, Joe was washing the dishes. Love him! We ate a delicious hoagie sandwich lunch at home (which included sour cream and cheddar chips... told you it was a good day!) and then laid Brennon down for a nap. With Brennon down for a nap, we turned on a movie for the girls and took a quick nap ourselves. Very enjoyable. We woke up went outside with the kids to get some fresh air and then piled into the car to take the kids on a surprise adventure. The adventure began with a stop at our friends, the Taylor's, where the kids got out and played with their buddies for a good 20 minutes while Joe and I spoke to Ben and Shauna. Grown up time.... nice! Then we headed off to go see Toy Story 3. (Don't get me started on that show.... scary and depressing) The kids enjoyed it sort of, there were a lot of kids on parents' laps during the scary parts. But really the movie was fun because we were together as a family. Once the movie was over, it was just such a nice night that we decided we were going to finish it all off with a fun dinner at Pizza Hut.


K, we live in Bartlett, Tennessee. It always feels like Bartlett, Tennessee. Head into the Bartlett Pizza Hut and it feels like you may have accidentally gone a little too far west on Stage.... catch my drift? Anyway. We walk in and the lady tells us it will be a 45 minute wait. Really? There are only 3 tables with people sitting at them and two of those tables already have their food! MUCH to our server's dismay we tell her that that will be fine. There was one other caucasian family there on the opposite side of the restaurant and that is where she seated us. Hello segregation! No worries. There were about 3 women working in the back and only one boy serving. He was busting his tail! Serving, cleaning tables, working the cash register, seating people. If there was work to be done, trust me, he was the ONLY one doing it. Suddenly it made sense why the 45 minute wait. That funny manager turned 3 other customers away with her 45 minute wait routine!! Oh well, this isn't even the point of the story :)

There we are enjoying our family, playing with the kids when this older gentleman walks up to us. I was positive that he was coming over to comment on how well behaved our children were being or on how astonishingly beautiful they are ;) Oh, no.
Says weird old man at Pizza Hut:
You planning on having anymore kids?
Me: (thinking to myself that it's a strange question to ask a perfect strange... oh well, i think, we're in the South where people are friendly, he's just making friends. So I say in a making-a-new-friend kind of manner): Well, still trying to convince the hubs on that one hahaha!
Weirdo: You realize you're going to have to educate them all.
Me: (What? This friendly old man is strange! Where are we going with this?)
Weirdo: You're going to have a few weddings on your hands too. I spent THOUSANDS on school and weddings and I only had two. You may want to think about that before you have any more.

Weird old man exits stage right.

WHAT!??! Who IS this old man? Uh, thanks for the advice?

Anyway, he really annoyed me. I guess that by posting this, I'm hoping that the weird old man might read it and then become a little more tactful when trying make new friends in public settings--- or with a human beings in general.

To be quite honest I am only posting this because I have ran out of things to do. Joe is sleeping as well as the kids. They all laid down at 8pm. (Joe worked all night last night and into this morning.... poor guy). I suppose I could go walk on the treadmill, but it looks like I may just hang out on the computer eating my Swedish fish. (Yes, I bought ANOTHER bag) You are going to be seeing a lot more of me around the blogging world!

5 People Showin' Love:

Tina said...

I love the updates! Makes me miss Memphis and you

Jordyn Parry said...

haha what a creepy guy... Maybe he just... he could have meant... No, there's no rationalizing. He was crazy.

Glenda @ Magnolia Bend Drive said...

abloo
I think you could have added "bitter"to your title post, "bitter weird old man at pizza hut". RUDE!

Challis said...

HAhahaha. Creepy, albeit slightly true I suppose...

For what it's worth, I think you SHOULD have more kids. They're cute and I like to look at them.

That totally makes me sound creepy. You can delete this comment if you want :)

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I had some guy come up to me and "educate" me on having another baby and not getting a birth certificate for our baby. He said it'll link my baby to the national debt. He told me to Google it. I have yet to even give him a second thought on that topic. Weird people!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed