Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Monday, July 26, 2010

Don't mess with a Thomas!!!

We all remember the post that I just recently made about Brennon accidentally getting a black eye on Mother's Day. Not my favorite Mother's Day present....


Well then we were in Idaho and Joe was playing basketball with his brothers. Of course this ended up in a black eye for Joe.....


We came home from Idaho and had our family over for dinner. Hadley and her cousin were running in opposite directions through the house and collided. Hadley ended up with a black eye....


Brennon's black eye hasn't fully gone away yet, so I technically have two children with black eyes.
Then two nights ago we went to a friends house. The kids were playing outside and the mosquitos swarmed. Brennon was bitten above his left eye. Of course. It is now swollen and looking rather unpleasant.

So the other day my neighbor (a retired elementary school teacher- trained in the art of looking for abused children) came over at 9am. My children were all running around in either their underwear or diapers. I was cleaning the back of the house and so the kids were given free reign over the front of the house where we keep most of their toys. As soon as my neighbor came over she saw my urchin little children running around like animals.... noticed the horrible mess of a house and then looked at me in all my "I've-been-cleaning-and-haven't-taken-care-of-myself-today" glory. It was bad enough and then she appallingly asked what had happened to Hadley's eye. Alright people. It was early, I was thrown off that my neighbor was standing on my front step and then I realized what my retired teacher neighbor was referring to.... a SECOND black eye in the Thomas house. I began to stutter and sweat because I couldn't for the life of me remember what had happened. I finally remembered and spit out the story, that although true, seemed VERY fabricated and then she leaves. This was about a week about. I am still waiting for Child Protective Services to show up. Thank goodness she hasn't seen Brennon's new swollen eye! Thank you black/swollen eyes for making me look like abuser of the year!

6 People Showin' Love:

Keri said...

Hadley is looking so grown up. I thought she was Jayden!

Katie Leigh said...

Ha, ha, ha. I saw a picture of you doing Zumba on Facebook, and you looked just like Brennon! I love that I can see all three of your kids in you!

Tommie said...

oh, quit beating your kids! You know I'm JUST KIDDING!! I think black eyes are endearing :)

Dan said...

That is awesome! Now if you could just make sure Jayden 'accidentally' gets a black eye, you could take an awesome family photo.

Tanner said...

Oh, that's so sad --- but, funny! Hadley looks like she loves the attention?!

Tina said...

I agree with Keri, I thought it was Jayden too. I think its the hair being all pulled back. Didn't one of your kids have an injury when I was there too. The situation is seeming a little suspicious, young lady!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed