Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Monday, July 27, 2009

Jayden's Movie Party


Recently Jayden has been working towards earning a movie party. Since it was getting progressivly harder to get our firstborn to sleep without any problems we decided that if she would cooperatively go to bed for 7 nights in a row then she would have earned her party. Easier said than done. We made a sticker chart to track the progress and at first she got to 3 nights in a row before having a bad night... we made her cross out the 3 stickers that she got and made her start over. (It was kind of sad) Anyway, after crossing out her stickers a few times she decided to cooperate and thus earned her party!!!

After much popcorn and candy the kids were officially wired but had a really great time! The girls were so "girly" (for lack of a better word). It was so much fun!!

8 People Showin' Love:

Melissa Hodgen said...

Oh la la. I'm going to continue to steal your wonderful/creative methods to getting kids to cooperate. Thanks!

Kylene said...

Hallie would fit right in! So very fun. I love the pic on your header! Made me laugh.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

What a cute idea! You're a great mom!

Katie Leigh said...

Where's Buddy? I thought he was going to be invited.

Micaela said...

Jayden WAS really sad that buddy and becky couldn't come, their schedules don't mess well with ours :( We are having them over for dinner soon instead.

Katie said...

So fun! I'll have to try that sticker chart thing with my first born.... You always have such great ideas!

Kendall, Starla, Conner, Aleck, and Jared said...

Where are the "twins"? hahaha that is too funny. Anyways I love the idea! When my boys are older I am going to try this trick to get them to do what needs to be done.

Shannon said...

That is SO fun! What a great idea!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed