Remember those?
On Valentines Day the girls and I dyed some cookie dough pink and Jayden thought that I was part magician! I decided that she and Heidi would have a fun time learning about colors and mixing them for preschool, and they sure did. Here are a few of the pictures. The girls kept saying, "This is just like magic!" Pretty funny!
Do you do preschool/learning activities with your kids? I am looking for some fun ideas to keep it interesting. You don't have to have preschool aged kiddos to give suggestions. I'd love to hear 'em!


4 People Showin' Love:
This week we made biscuts with homemade butter (whipping cream in jars that the kids shook up for half an hour.) I know next week they are going to do finger painting with shaving cream, and stuff like that. We have joy school a couple of times a week and Kate loves it.
I have a few sites on my blog. mt fav is no time for flash cards. They have great hands on activities.
I actually have a lot of ideas. I've been doing 'Mommy and Easton School' with Easton and he LOVES it! One month we did an 'Around the World' theme. I chose a country and we learned a little something about it and did a craft or made a food from that country. Last month we did art. This encompassed everthing from painting, to making musical instruments and his far and away favorite - I gave him a disposable camera and let him snap away. I'm also planning to some science experiments and a family tree using pictures (since he can't read). He's already excited about this one. If you'd like to see my 'curriculum', just let me know.
The biggest hit at our house (other than soda and vinegar rockets) is starfall.com. It teaches letter sounds and reading, and it's user (kid user) friendly. Nathan is reading really well after only a month and a half. He can sound out anything or spell most anything (as long as the word plays by the rules, which isn't always easy to come by in English). And Ella loves to "play starfall" with brother. Try it.
Post a Comment