Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Firecracker 5K

As mentioned in a previous post, our ward has been fasting and praying for little Emma. She has been diagnosed with Neuroblastoma and has just completed her first chemo treatment. On July 3rd Comcast hosted the 10th annual Firecracker walk/run for St. Jude and so a bunch of us who know Emma (and even some who don't) decided to run in her behalf. It was a lot of fun!

Here is our group picture taken before the race. You will notice that I am not actually in this picture because my son decided to wake up and start dancing on my bladder! The line to the lovely port-a-potty was FOREVER long so needless to say, I missed the picture.



After hearing about Emma, my Aunt Cristine was moved to join the race as well. Isn't she a babe? For those of you who don't know her, when I start off a sentence with..."Well, my Aunt says..." this is the Aunt. She is a baby whisperer if I have ever met one, I usually refer to her as Dr. Thomas- she's that good!


Here we are after the race with a couple of 4th of July enthusiasts!


When the race started the "itch" to run started too and so we started the race running. Same thing happened at the end (when I usually push myself harder than I feel physically possible to finish the race with the best time). When we knew we were getting close to the end we finished strong and running! What a blast! I can't wait to start running again, although if anyone knows of an AWESOME sports bra let me know...yikes!

12 People Showin' Love:

Amber Chappell said...

Wow, I'm super impressed. Did you seriously run a 5K and are you really prego?! Congrats on both!

Micaela said...

Please don't exaggerate what REALLY happened :) we ran SOME of the 5K :)

Boston Family said...

Just the fact you were outside in July should give you a medal. And I agree, your Aunt is an amazing lady! Good to see your doing great! Your almost at your own "finish line", keep up the good work! -Megg

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

MICAELA!! I LOVE THAT YOU RAN A RACE AND YOU'RE PREGO!! YOU ARE MY INSPERATION!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You go girl! I could barely walk at your point in my last pregnancy-literally. You're so tiny from your pictures. I remember visiting TN last fourth of July and dying of the heat. What a great cause though! I hope that little family is doing well. We'll keep them in our prayers.

-Katie B.

Melissa said...

dude, you so do not look that pregnant. I don't know why you are always saying that you are huge, because you so do not look it. Great job on the race.

Micaela said...

I have to obviously put up some pictures that show off what I REALLY look like...

shauna said...

You ran!! That is so awesome! I love it. I wish I could have been there. And when you are done being pregnant I am planning that we will run a 5k some time.

Kami P. said...

Hi, this is Kami. You left a comment on my blog about my minkie's and I say go for whatever it is you suggested. I've never herd of tip junkie, but it sounds great. Thank you.
Kami Patterson

dani said...

hi there! steve was excited you found us... you have a cute little family!

Melissa Hodgen said...

I can't believe you are still running! I can barely walk! That was a wonderful thing you did for Emma.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kyla! and I love the pics of Joe painting your girls' nails, so cute!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed