This weekend with it being Veteran's Day, I have really been reflecting on our country and the people to live and die for our freedom. Saturday, Joe's little brother, Spencer and I ran a 5K in behalf of a fallen soldier who was killed in Iraq. His name was Tim Creager. His family put together a scholarship in his name and so all of the money that was donated and raised went to his scholarship. The race was more than I could have imagined. I wasn't expecting more than to go, run and post the pictures on my blog, but I was overwhelmingly touched at the event. All during the race I was running along side members of the Navy, the Army and the Air Force. There were mothers wearing shirts that had pictures of their sons and daughters on them that had been killed in action. The Marines ran holding their flag and the American flag and yelling in unison why they were there and what they stood for. I was running with the heroes of our time. It was absolutely incredible! I am so grateful that we could be a part of it.
Spence is so goofy! This is right before the race. Front of the line baby!
Spence is so goofy! This is right before the race. Front of the line baby!
And we are off!
I finished 90th out of about 450-500 people. Top 25%...not bad. 27:40 :)
Spencer finished at 20:14!! He was 14th! You could tell that the only people to beat him were members of college track teams! He did awesome! And I am so glad that he is doing this with me!


2 People Showin' Love:
Way to go! You are like a professional runner now!
You are awesome! Lookin good girl! :)
Post a Comment