Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Monday, November 12, 2007

Simple Pleasures...

Tide (the detergent) has come out with a line of smells that are called Simple Pleasures and I have one (Water Lilly) that really is a pleasure to smell each time I cuddle up in a clean blanket or put on a clean shirt.
I have thought about the things in life that are simple pleasures for me. Things that make me feel so happy inside and glad to be there at that precise moment.
I love when Joe comes home and Jayden runs to him yelling, "Daddy!" over and over.
I love getting an unexpected, "I love you," or hug from Jayden.
I don't love getting up every morning to run, BUT I do love when the moment comes during my run when I am no longer tired and I can tell myself congratulations for being out so early and just doing it.
And there are the littlest things, like smelling baby lotion on Hadley or watching her kick with excitement and anticipation of me picking her up. Seeing her mouth water at the sight of her baby food!
Having her fall asleep in my arms or reaching back for me when someone she doesn't know is holding her. I love to know that she trusts me and needs me.
I love hearing Jay say, "I did it! I did it!" each time she does something that she thought she couldn't.
I love when Jayden asks me to sing her a song and then plays with my hair while I am singing to her.
I love when Joe kisses me in front of his school because I know all of the girls are watching us just wishing :) and I love it even more knowing that he is doing it because he loves me.
I love the moments right before I start pushing just knowing that in a few minutes I will see the face of my newest little child.
I love feeling the Spirit reassure me that what I am doing is my best and knowing that the Lord knows each of my pains and struggles.
I love being Micaela Thomas because if I wasn't then I wouldn't have my beautiful, wonderful Joe or my crazy-for-life Jayden or my sweet & happy Hadley, and without them I wouldn't be me, because they are me, we are a family. An eternal one.
And here is a happy moment from this weekend... Joe and Jayden on the carousel at Wolfchase. There is nothing that makes her happier than going around and around in circles on that thing! I love seeing her smile and wave and know that that cute little girl is waving at me! It is simply pleasure for me. :)

4 People Showin' Love:

Tia J said...

I agree the simple things in life bring us the greatest joy! Thanks for sharing and having me think about my simple pleasures! Aren't kids the perfect example of this! I'm glad I have 2!

Logan and Lisa said...

Kyla,
I am so happy that you guys have a blog. You guys look like your doing so good though. You have the most adorable family, I can't believe you have two kids. I didn't even know. Anyway I will call Nikky and get your number, so we can catch up on things.

Tia J said...

Hey! Just thought I would answer your question. It was my blessing dress and I bought the bow to see how I could make them. Let me know if you want any. And I can mail them to you!

Shannon said...

so cute, and you're right, it's definitely the little things that made this ride worthwhile!! :)

Ben too is looking forward to the "daddy! daddy!" greeting upon arriving home. He always mentions that when I ask what he's excited about for parenthood. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed