Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My mom is better than your mom....

Unless, of course, my mom is your mom, then you totally get what I'm saying.

I know that this post is pretty over due since my mom left, oh, two weeks ago, but she's absolutely worth recognizing!!

I can't even begin to tell you all of the things she did for us while she was here. That woman is as selfless and thoughtful as they come. Here are a few of the things that I caught on camera.

Taking naps in the sun with a yellow-ish baby


Washing and remaking Brennon's bed way too many times.... he was having an accident issue...
Snuggling with blankets straight out of the dryer.... my favorite!
Folding fitted sheets to perfection!
Cleaning out and washing my fridge
Taking my booty out for walks
Playing cars with Brennon
Patiently doing puzzles with the kids
Catching some rays while the kids were out with Joe.... I love this picture :)
Lovingly standing in the background while I make my attempts at mothering a newborn. This is something that makes my mom so unique. She is willing to help out where ever she is asked or needed but never, I mean NEVER, tries to interfere, or take over, or impose. It's an amazing quality, really. A quality that I hope that I can have someday when I get to be the grandma.
She taught Jayden how to tie a quilt. I love that she had things planed to do with the kids before she ever even came out. She wasn't planning on being entertained, but rather she planned on ways that she could spend special one on one time getting to know her grandbabies. I just love her! The kids LOVE the blankets they tied with granny. They were supposed to be for their baby dolls, but instead, the girls use them for themselves. They are that special to them :)
She made birthday cakes for children whose mother was too awful to remember to make one for their birthday that was 6 weeks prior! I know, I'm horrible! When granny heard about this she insisted that the wrong be corrected immediately!
She gave out lots of hugs and snuggles
She even let the kids cook with her. She never let ME do this when I was a kid! I think she likes my kids more than she liked me... :)


She played and played and pretended and pretended with the girls and their new dollhouse


She cleaned our carpets, cleaned out our utility closet, replaced our air filters, cleaned our oven till it seriously shined like brand new, I mean the list LITERALLY goes on and on and on. She's amazing. The kids adore her. I love that she plays with my kids and actually enjoys them. She is a very incredible lady and holds a seriously high ranking in our home. We can't wait to see Granny again!

4 People Showin' Love:

Daniel and K8 said...

I have to chime in here... your momma really is amazing. I am so glad she got to come visit. I bet she loved it as much as you and your kiddos.

Angela Rae said...

There is nothing that can replace a wonderful mother!

Angela Rae said...

There is nothing that can replace our wonderful mothers!

Charish said...

WOW!! what an amazing mother and grandmother!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed