Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas time is here....

Joe spent the better part of last week (willingly let me add) helping me get the house ready for Christmas. I love Christmas time and am really excited to have a new little one during the holidays. Jayden was 6 weeks old at Christmas 7 years ago and it was so special to have such a sweet, warm baby to hold. This time around our baby will be 6 days old (if everything goes according to induction date on the 19th).
I can hardly wait!

I've learned that, for me, having some lights on my house only makes me want to have more lights on my house. I can actually see how it would be possible to decorate like the Griswold's :) Alas, I had to cut the light budget short since there are plenty of other things to be spending money on with a baby coming and all.


Our tree in the front room. I love sitting in here at night. It's calming.


This year we got a second tree. It is our family-tree-we-never-knew-we-were-missing :) With all of the ornaments that we have been collecting over the past 8 years we decided that it was time to get a bigger tree. We've always kept our ornaments on a little decorative tree, but that tree bit the dust last year and so we chose to get a bigger one this year. We all had such a fun time looking at each of the handmade/significant ornaments and putting them up. It's interesting that although the majority of the ornaments could be considered somewhat tacky, this is my favorite tree. I love it! I Never knew that I wanted this tree, but it is our family tree... full of life, significance and meaning.


1 People Showin' Love:

shauna said...

your house looks so cute. I love the trees by the front door.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed