Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Planting the Daffs

Oh the weather out West is frightful, but the weather out here is PERFECT! We got up early this morning, washed everyone's bedding, scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom floors, deep cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms, did a bunch of laundry, put stuff up in the attic AND planted all of the daffodils. Can you believe that we got all of this done before 9:30 AM?!

The kids thought that planting the little daffs was pretty neat. You know, I remember doing this with my parents. We were always beautifying our little plot of land out there in Idaho. My parents always have worked so hard to make what little we had look it's very best, and our yard always WAS the best. The greenest, the most fruitful, the most beautifully organized flower bed, and our garden was always such a master piece. We would joke with my dad that he loved he garden more than his real children. Each morning he'd wake up super early and go out and sing to and talk with his magnificent plants. No joke. My parents have green thumbs, if I could make my landscape half of what they always worked so hard to make theirs. They took such pride in it.

ANYWAY... thanks for taking that little trip down memory lane :) The girls and I had a lot of fun and it was exciting for me to make a memory like this with them. They were anxious to take turns properly placing the bulbs... I really enjoyed it. Here are some pics of the memory making event :)

We're counting the remaining bulbs to determine the placement.

We dug up a couple of HIDEOUS bushes this summer over in this bed so it was a bit tricky to get past all of the remaining roots. We'll be lucky if anything actually grows. Not to mention we have an infestation of squirrels around here, they better not think I just buried their winter snacks!

Jay was excited to find a double headed bulb.
Here's hoping that the Spring provides us with a beautiful display of happy, yellow, daffodils or as my children know them as... buttercups!

5 People Showin' Love:

shauna said...

I'm glad you were so productive but I think the best part was how good you look in those pictures. You look really skinny.

Glenda @ Magnolia Bend Drive said...

I agree, you look really skinny. Maybe too skinny!

Micaela said...

Y'all are C R A Z Y! Taking these as compliments :)

Micaela said...

Y'all are C R A Z Y! Taking these as compliments :)

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

You blook great! You are really going to have to tell me how you get so much done with three kids. I've had two for a week now, and I feel crazy! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed