Brennon a few days old
Brennon, Today I took your bassinet down. It should have happened a while ago (you are so big!) but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Putting it away is a physical act of saying that you are no longer my tiny little newborn. Obviously. I have shed tears today. I wish I could keep you little for longer, you are so sweet.
When I put away Jayden's 0-3 month clothing I had this moment. When Hadley was too big for the baby swing, I had this moment.
Have you had this moment? What triggered it?
Brennon 5 1/2 months old


5 People Showin' Love:
It makes me cry. This time in your life is most precious. No other time in life, will you work so closely with God. I love you.
Oh My gosh! So sweet! I remember when i took Adin's down, I was like oh great now he's gonna be sleeping in the bed with me!! HAHA!
I think my big moment was when I had Kaleb and Kleyn wasn't my baby any more. Changing diapers really showed me how big Kleyn had gotten and how much of a little boy he was instead of my only baby. They definitely grow up too fast. He's sure a cute little guy, though.
He is too cute. I love the video of him eating and laughing. I have to agree with you about having a moment. Cade turned 6 months last week and I cried that day. I pulled out all of his 6-9 month clothes and put away the 3-6month clothing, which he had grown out of a long time prior, but just like you, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Why do they have to grow so fast? I miss Cade's tiny body and newborn face. I love this stage, but it's always bittersweet.
i love this post. i remember when i folded gavin's newborn clothes and placed them in a storage bin as he outgrew them. i shed tears too.
in fact, i bawled.
i bawled for the uncertainly that i would ever have another baby to dress in these clothes.
i have "this moment" with every milestone gavin completes.
for me, it keeps me in the present and helps me appreciate that i have had the honor of being a mother ...twice. what a miracle.
Post a Comment