Sorry this has taken so long to post! Each time I thought I had a minute I really didn't. Oh well! Thanks for your intrest in my good/wonderful/exciting news though!! Here it is!!
I have been helping teach a ZUMBA class the last couple of weeks and LOVE it!
ZUMBA is a form of aerobics that incorporates Latin dance and hip-hop to give you a seriously great workout!!! I discovered it over Christmas vacation and decided since I loved it SO much I wanted to teach it! One thing after the other has fallen into place and here I am getting certified next weekend. What's even better is that...
I got a JOB!! The ZUMBA instructors around here told me that I needed to get on sub-lists at the different gyms around town because it might be difficult to get a job without any experience in teaching group aerobics but a lady named Camille came up to me after one of the classes I was helping with and suggested a place for me. I called and set up an interview. Apparently Camille called the gym and told her about how much she enjoyed it when I taught and so when I got to the interview they greeted me as their "ZUMBA girl!" The job is in Arlington at a place called CSI gym Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6:30pm and then Saturday mornings at 10:00am!!! I'm not including all the reasons why this is a dream job but just believe when I say that it is the perfect job!!
Since Thanksgiving I have lost 21 pounds and honestly for exercise I haven't been doing anything other than ZUMBA. It is SOOO FUN!
So I want to know if any of you out there have tried ZUMBA?
(The links I have hilighted are some different routines that I am thinking of using/used already. I have changed some of the choreography to make it a little less provocative :) but still SO FUN!!!)


12 People Showin' Love:
Way to go girl. I watched the videos (you said they were provocative and I had to see what my sweet friend Micaela was doing with her spare time!) and can totally see you having a blast doing that. I could see myself falling on my butt, but you will be great!
That's great Kyla, Congrats!! And 21 pounds? Amazing. That Zumba looks cool, I've never heard of it. Sounds like it's working though! I am starting training this week for the Chicago marathon in October, so excited!!
I have never heard of this, but it sounds amazing! 21lbs... that's awesome! COngrats on the DREAM job!
Never heard of it!
But, I can TOTALLY see you as an aerobics instructor! It's the perfect fit for you! Good luck!
And Congrats on the 21 lbs!
How exciting!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!! Congratulations on the 21 pounds!!
Yeah!! Maybe I will even come!
That looks so fun. I want to find a class after I have the baby. I would LOVE it! I'm so jealous. Way to go.
Wow, Micaela! That is so exciting!
I want to do that!! That sounds like so much fun! WOW 21 pounds!! I also would like to lose that much weight too. Good job!
How fun! I wish we had something like that around here! I think I might do it if we had it around here. I am going to look around.
Congrats you will love it!
Im so jealous!! How great would it be to work out AND get paid for it at the same time?!?!?
I've never heard of Zumba, but if I ever come across a class I'm definately going to take it now!
I am so excited!! I can not wait to start your class!!!
It is going to be awesome!
Post a Comment