Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Midnight Sun

So I am sure that most of you Twilight fans have heard that 'Midnight Sun' has been leaked on the Internet. (You can read her take on the leak on Stephenie Meyer's website) Stephenie has decided to release the partial draft of the book all 264 pages of it! I am sure that most of you fans have already read the draft and now I want to know what you thought.

I really wasn't too interested in reading Twilight from Edward's perspective. How much different can it really be right, where it is the exact same story? Actually I REALLY liked it. Maybe I was just excited to get a little more Twilight in my life :) I am interested to see what you all think. I will say, it put me in kind of a bad mood when I was done reading since it ends so abruptly!

5 People Showin' Love:

shauna said...

I finished reading it the other night and I really liked it. I have always had a problem with Bella because I think she is annoying and weak. But, after reading it from Edward's perspective I can see traits and attributes of her that are more than just being clumsy. I had never considered her brave but I guess she would have to be to risk being with a vampire. And I always thought she was selfish because Edward is always giving her whatever she wants. But, her whole move to forks was selfless-she was sacrificing for her mom. So, it was good because I finally understood why he was attracted to her to begin with. Sorry that I didn't answer my phone but I can never hear it ring. Sorry.

Micaela said...

I guess I kind of questioned Edward's feelings toward Bella while initially reading Twilight. "Why DOES he like Bella?" BUT reading it from Edward's perspective really changes things. I agree that seeing Bella through Edward's really sheds a new light on her character and I liked her better as well. I wasn't crazy about how 'vivid' Edward's take is at times... I guess it is because I like to imagine him more human than vampire that I didn't like the images of him killing Bella or the other students. My only real hang up though is that the draft ends before they can kiss! I would have loved to read Edward's perspective the day they spend in the meadow. :)

Katie said...

Um, there goes my whole day - thanks a lot Micaela! just kidding - but I saw your blog this morning and ended up reading a lot of midnight sun. I agree - it totally makes you like Bella more. I also just finished Breaking Dawn so it was good to see the Stephanie Meyer comments on that. Yeah, so thanks for the tip. (and it IS too bad she couldn't finish it - stupid whoever that ruined it!)

Skylette said...

Cute updates! I keep checking to see if you've had that baby yet. Hope all goes well now that you're in the final stretch.

Whitney Blake said...

WOW!! Thanks for posting this on your blog, I forget to check out her website from now and then. I am about at 100 pages and I am loving it!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed