Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Your Prayers Please!

I am posting this letter from our RS Presidency because some of you know the Ivies in our ward. You may not know them personally but I know there are many who read this blog who have children of your own. Emma is a 3 year old little girl and I am sure her parents could use all of the comfort the Lord can give.

Hello again Wonderful Sisters!Many of you may already know about the Ivies and their situation with Emma, their oldest daughter. For those of you who do not, this is what is going on and why we are requesting your whole hearts and prayers in behalf of their family.Yesterday Emma was admitted into St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. She is undergoing tests currently at this time and there is no definite conclusion. Kerie's parents are here and Jared's parents are coming. The Ivies are staying at St. Jude during this time of testing. With all of that being said, I want to extend to all of you, your families, and anyone else whom you think would care to do so, an opportunity to fast and pray tomorrow specifically for the Ivies. I know it is not fast Sunday until the following week, but we all know the real power of prayer and fasting and how miraculously it can change things overnight. The Lord does hear the cries of his children. Please remember the Ivies at this time in your thoughts and prayers, and send them your warmest rays of uplifting faith, hope, and love.Remember at this time there is no definite conclusion. Let's do our best to make the outcome of these tests and this situation a positive one! Remember the Lord said: "ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you." Let's all of us ask, and apply our faith, and see how the Lord answers.

Love,The Relief Society Presidency

2 People Showin' Love:

Danny and Darcie said...

Micaela,
Thank you for your post. We will be fasting and praying for them. We have had a recent tragedy in our ward also, one of our really good friends lost their little girl almost exactly a month ago. Just shy of her second birthday. She choked on an apple at church on Sunday and had to be flown down to Primary Childrens hospital. The apple piece was lodged in her lungs. They said se was without oxygen for too long. Her mom and dad had to make the decision to keep her on a ventilator or take her off.
It is amazing what the power of fasting and praying does. Alhough the outcome of our fasts and prayers was not what we had all wished for, we all have found much peace in our Heavenly Fathers plan for us. I am so sorry to hear about that family. It really hits so close to home when you see someone so close to you expirence such a tragedy. You should check out their blog... they are amazing people, I have learned so much from them and their strength.jacksonparkcity.blogspot.com/

Melissa Hodgen said...

Thank you for the post. I had no idea. Please keep me updated and maybe I'll give them a call when things are more settled.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed