Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Monday, October 8, 2012

My Baby Girls' Baby Tooth

Look at that adorable smile, with those adorable little baby teeth!!!
I think it's obvious where are going with this so let me just say, that as soon as that tooth began to wiggle, I made sure I was snapping pictures of those cute little teeth every chance I got.  Now, don't get me wrong!  I LOVE toothless little grins.... it's a right of passage and a sweet little proof that my baby is growing up.  I love those smiles just as much, but as soon as your baby starts losing her baby teeth something is just never the same again.  It's like the graduation has begun and soon Hadley will be moving out and going to college....

Seriously though, the phases in a child's life just pass much too quickly and I just want to capture the essence of childhood.  I think that's what it is.... when an infant starts to crawl, the infant is gone.  When the baby starts to walk then the baby is gone.  When the toddler starts to talk then the toddler is gone. When the little one starts school the little one is gone and then when the child starts to lose teeth, it feels like the child is gone and growing up it to a big kid.  It's hard to watch and fabulous all at once.  I want to stop these kids from growing up but then in the exact moment I can't wait to see these kids grow up and start making life's decisions.  

They are such good, sweet, kids. *sigh* 

On to the post....



Of course, it wouldn't be a photo shoot with my girls, if things didn't get a little goofy :)




The cute thing about this tooth-pulling-story is Jayden's involvement.  So you all know Hadley by now, right?? Just a little on the dramatic side??  Well, she really wanted this tooth out but would. not. let me do it.  She only wanted Jayden working on her pearly whites, and so Jayden did!  Every night she would get the dentist-y look in her eye and then take Had in front of the bathroom mirror.  It really was a sweet little thing for the two of these little best friends. 
Then on one night, a few days later, we heard the *POP* and the tooth was hanging on to it's spot in Hadley's mouth by the skin of it's teeth (see what I did there??) In steps mom, aka Miss Super Duper Scary or something because the girl did. not. want me in her mouth!!!  Anywho, I got in there and pulled that baby (tooth) out! 


Jayden, inspecting my work :) 

And there you have it folks, my baby girl with a gap to fill! How cute is she?!

3 People Showin' Love:

Katie said...

I love this! You nailed it with what you said about our babies growing up. I'll have to tell Joey about jayden's dental genius. That's so cute!

shauna said...

Your kids lose their teeth really early. Kaylee doesn't even have a loose one yet. Hadley does look grown up.

Glenda @ Magnolia Bend Drive said...

Oh she is so cute! Sweet post.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed