Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Friday, June 29, 2012

Oh, the last day of school.

Jayden had a fantastic first grade year.  I can't believe that I am even able to say that?! She is headed to 2nd grade?  Where has the time been allowed to go?  Oy! I will say though, thatI love this phase of life! She is still so silly, but growing up into a very mature young lady as well. She still thinks that I'm cool, but is able to joke with me and get embarrassed a little when I am rocking out a little too excitedly in the mini van :) So far every phase of Jayden has been my favorite phase of her..... oh, my thoughtful, loving first born...... moving on. 


Mrs. Hargrove is a phenomenal teacher!! Live in TN??? Move to our city and into our school district.  Look up this woman and put your child in her class. I don't care if they are supposed to be in 5th grade!!! This woman will teach them more than any other teacher that they could possibly have.  She. is. amazing. That's all I have to say about that. I have found little notes all around my house that Jayden has been lovingly writing to Mrs. H this summer.  (Am I really so bad that she is daydreaming about that other woman who used to take care of her all day long in 1st grade?? NO. Mrs. Hargrove is simply that loved.) Move here, look her up, put your kid in her class. Seriously.

While Jay was at her last day of school we were at home painting this poster.  See the paint brush in Nate's hand??? He helped too!! 

Alright folks.  Let's honest here.  Did the kids really get to help? No. Am I really the awesome super mom that his picture kind of makes me look like? Absolutely not.  In fact, quite the opposite.  The kids wanted to help, but instead I made them watch.  Oh, and then at the end they got to hold a paint brush up for a picture so that I looked super awesome.  I'm all about the honesty here, but go ahead and continue thinking that I am the world's greatest mother.  I like that. 

After school we headed to Sonic for lunch with Jayden's little buddy and her family. Then, those same cute people came over to our house for some fun slip 'n slide action. I loved this pic! Isn't she photogenic?  Look at me begging for compliments on my kids.... I'm apparently shameless. 

Fun!!!!


Too bad I couldn't get one of Jay.... I'll have to pull out the slip 'n slide again to get her picture! What about this one of Brennon?  Man, I love this ham!

Gracie, Lilly, Hadley, Brennon, Jayden, Nate and Maggie.... we're missing Amelia. Where was that girl? hmm....


Although this picture was taken about 6 weeks ago we are still in the swing of summer! More so now that it is well into the hundred degree weather that Memphis is so willing to dish out.  I love the summer time and having my kids home!!! I can't believe how close I am to having only boys at home.... I'm going to miss my big girls when they have to go back to school. Oh, this whole time flying by thing!





2 People Showin' Love:

Unknown said...

That pic of hadley is awesome. So jealous of your camera skills!

Tina said...

I think I have read this post before but I stopped by from your FB and ended up reading it again. You are hilarious! I love your honesty. And I did, almost, think you let them paint. I just figured they were covered in aprons and were outside. Anyway, good job on the sign

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed