Reel Foot Lake is on the border between Tennessee and Kentucky and is SUPPOSEDLY the largest nesting place for bald eagles in the United States. In the 8 1/2 years since we've lived here, we've always talked about going and seeing the eagles during their nesting season. I think we were all imagining to see hundreds of eagles. Oh, no. That was not nearly the case. We'll get back to that later....
In the meantime, here are some fun pictures of the family roaming through a swamp. Hadley, ever the poser :)

That web-like dead stuff in the back will be a beautiful green blanket covering the swampy trees and some of the ground in the next month or so. The big trees you see in the swamp water are called cyprus trees.
These little guys are cyprus tree babies. I think. Maybe they are roots? Anyway.... every time you are in a swamp you will see these babies hanging around the cyprus trees. That is why I think they are related. Somehow. ;) Oh, this is awesome. I hope no one is trying to get information on cyprus trees for like a report or something, because I don't think that what I am telling you is very accurate. Let's just pretend though, eh?
Swamps are cool.
This is a black in white. I just liked that solo tree in the middle of the lake...
These are NOT in B & W. It was SUCH a gray drizzly day. It was actually a very cool day to visit.... aside from the EAGLES that is.....


0 People Showin' Love:
Post a Comment