Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Monday, February 22, 2010

In our house we follow a system where, if you make a good choice you earn a "magic jewel." The girls LOVE this becuase when the get enough magic jewels to fill up their special cup then they get to go to the store and pick out a special treat. Well Hadley just filled up her cup and then as a reward picked out a mini watermelon. Hadley and Jayden devoured 1/2 of the watermelon that had been sliced-the rest of the watermelon was placed on the counter. I went back into my room for several minutes and this is the scene I found. :)





Hadley loves watermelon!

7 People Showin' Love:

Amy Coontz said...

AH, the days when your child is happy being rewarded with a watermelon!

Hil said...

SO CUTE! I love those cheeks!

Challis said...

You remind me so much of my own mom (which is a good thing:). She always had us doing some sort of "good choice" game or "consequence" game. Of course, we never used up our rewards on health food...but that just goes to show what good decision makers your girls are! You probably should be writing a book on parenting or something.

Melissa said...

How funny. It's great that watermelon is an acceptable treat. My kids no longer think that way, it has to be a frosty or slush. She is so dang cute.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Your babies are so cute!

Katie Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie Leigh said...

What kind of a kid picks a watermelon as a treat (in February, no less)? I hope I have a kid like that. Oh, and I forgot to tell you that Jayden stopped me in church on Sunday, just to say hi. It made my day!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed