Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Friday, October 9, 2009

The Mid South Fair


A couple of weekends ago we took the kids to the Fair. It was such a fun time (all except for trying to get the above picture...Jayden wanted to keep riding rides so she was mad :)
All I can say is that Jayden is a thrill seaker!! She LOVED the rides! Hadley? Not so much. More on that later...


They all enjoyed the petting zoo.

Brennon especially loved the bunnies. I got THE sweetest little picture of him and then somehow erased it. It still makes me sad when I think about it, but this one is cute too...


Jayden thought the goat was kind of scary because it kept trying to take the cup of food that she was holding.

Here is a story with video for you:
The first ride that the kids noticed was easily the scariest kiddie ride there, but that was, of course, the one they insisted on riding first. We had no idea that Hadley would want to do it. If you know Hadley she is VERY VERY cautious so we were surprised when she followed Jayden right in. We tried to stop her, but she insisted and started pitching a fit when we tried to make her come back. "Alright stinker, if you aren't going to listen then go for it!" She thought that she was pretty tough stuff until the ride started. At first she was so scared she couldn't make a sound she just had the most terrified look on her face. Sad to say, but it was kind of funny. Anyway as the ride progresses she finds the breath to freakout and start screaming. She is so little that she actually can't even get off of the platform that the ride sits on. The first thing out of Jayden's mouth when she got off? "I want to do it again!" Enjoy the video and try not to judge us as bad parents...



15 People Showin' Love:

Dan said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. That fair looked so fun!

Red & Lyss said...

Laughing out loud! What cute kids you guys have!

Shannon said...

Umm...HILARIOUS. That is hands down a laugh out loud video. I guess it's true each child is different, huh? Glad you caught that on tape. :)

(By the way, is it just me or are goats kind of freaky looking?)

Angela Rae said...

I had to have a good laugh before bedtime and that did it! They are all so cute! I love your family fair picture!

Katie said...

that is too funny! poor thing... she and alex would get along great. maddie would hang with jayden. such cute kids!

Tina said...

Same thing happened with us, except Sean chickened out of the little train ride, at the last minute.

Melissa Hodgen said...

We seriously considered coming to Memphis just for the fair. The one here is LAME!
That ride was crazy, but the best part was Jaydens "Ah" everytime the ride went down. Like clock work.

Whitney Blake said...

The fair looked like so much fun! I wanted to go with you and your cute fam (: Kyla you look so great! You seriously dont look like you are 1- old enough to have 3 kids and 2- WOW you look awesome! (:

Emily and Steve said...

Is it bad that I just laughed the whole time I watched the video?? Poor Hadley...but it was funny. Her little screams sound exactly like Isabella's did on the Merry-Go-Round every time her horse went up and down. She was terrified and I was standing next to her video taping and laughing the whole time...I'm a terrible mother!

Anyway, too cute! Glad you guys had fun. Sorry we didn't get to see you there!!

Tanner said...

I'm with Tiff... I don't know whether to laugh of cry - poor Hadley! :) The family pic of you all turned out so cute at the fair! So many times it's always so hard and so stressful to get the family together and everyone happy to take just one quick snapshot... in the end, I'm always so happy we did put forth the effort to do it - even if everyone doesn't have a smiley face on. :)

Tommie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That was so funny. I like how the "kiddy ride" harness was supposed to keep them from falling out but you could seriously fit like 5 if them through the neck hole! poor girl :)

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

How very fun! You really do have darling kiddos!

Chux and Nix said...

Wow Joe, you have 3 kids too. Hows life treating you. Gonna be a RN, thats pretty cool, good job. its been forever since i talked to you. They need to do a full blown reunion one year and you need to bring your family. Our kids would have a blast together. you have a facebook? hook it up.

Vanessa said...

AHAHAHA! I laughed so hard at that video! Oh! Hahaha I'm watching it again immediately.

Now... ya know how everyone looks at their kids and thinks, "I have the cutest kids in the world." ? Well, in your case, there is absolutely NO PARENTAL BIAS. They are the cutest kids in the world.

Also... you guys are the HOTTEST family ever. That whole fam pic? Hello!

The Coleman Family said...

That is so cute!! She will be scared for life but that's what therapy is for right?? lol!!
Love it!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed