Joseph * Micaela * Jayden * Hadley * J Brennon * Nate

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Who is having us over for waffles this weekend?

For those of you who don't know, my family and I love homemade waffles and we have them weekly. Every Saturday we gather round the family table for a good old fashioned, warm breakfast. Today, I dropped and broke the waffle iron!! My hands just let go and I watched it all happen without being able to stop anything. I feel like crying, I can't buy a new one right now and I am not nearly the fan of pancakes as I am waffles! Ladies... while pregnant, did your body suddenly stop connecting to your brain when you were pregnant? I feel like two totally seperate people! My mind says, "Hold this waffle iron and put it away in a safe location." Body then replies with, "Not today buddy!" AND it gets worse with each baby! So here is a pic of the waffle iron that I received 5 TIMES for a wedding gift and yet, I only kept one. So here is to you, Mr. Black and Decker Belgian Waffle Iron, it's been a fantastically delicious 5 years!

(Imagine losing your favorite most used kitchen utensil! It's kind of tragic!)

9 People Showin' Love:

Kayleen said...

Oh sad! I know the waffle iron has seen many a great Saturday at your house! At least you have something to blame it on!

Josh n Betsie said...

That sucks you lost your favorite kitchen appliance. I think it is even worse when you dont ever lose your pregnancy brain from the last kid you just had. So I am in the same boat. At least I haven't dropped Josiah yet.

Anonymous said...

What will the missionaries ever do (I not sure if you still feed them waffles on Saturday morning or not.) You are more then welcome to my waffle iron when ever you want it, I have the exact same one.

Challis said...

awww...I wish I could to Tennessee RIGHT NOW and feed your family waffles with my own two hands. Josh and I are the same way with our George Foreman grill. I don't know what we would do if it was gone...I feel for you.

Jana said...

I wasn't kidding, you can have our waffle iron. It isn't anything to shout HURRAY over, but it's better than nothing. And Jason wouldn't even notice its absence. It's yours, I'll bring it over.

Kayleen said...

I know the waffle iron incident seems like the end. . . but, is it really? What's new out there?

Melissa Hodgen said...

You can come to our house for waffles. Steve got one for Christmas that I found on ebay. It was from William and Sonoma and it was cheaper than some of the Walmart ones.

Skylette said...

Hey! How are things? send me an e-mail at shawkes@amfam.com so I can send you my blog link!

Shannon said...

I know you've needed time to grieve, but can you come back and post for us now? We miss hearing about the happenings of the Thomas family! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed